After installing the shared library from my TinyScheme package, I checked it with the
ldd utility and discovered that many of the function symbols were not resolving. The cause of that was that the buildroot linker was not linking the library to
libc or to
libgcc_s. I patched the makefile to link to
libc, which allowed most of the symbols to resolve, but I am having trouble getting buildroot to link to
libgcc_s. It seems there is some bug or syntax problem where buildroot’s
ld is not handling the underscore properly, and I get the error
cannot find -lgcc.
Hopefully I’ll be able to get that figured out in a day or two and put the package patch into my repository.
2 thoughts on “Still working on TinyScheme Library”
Keep up the good work!
[…] fixed the problem mentioned earlier by adjusting the makefile to link using GCC instead of the linking with the ld linker directly. It […]